The Information Technology Department will provide the highest quality technology-based services, in the most cost-effective manner, to facilitate the Pharr mission as it applies to the management, learning, and community service.
To meet this mission we will:
- Promote and facilitate the effective integration of technology into the basic mission of the city through planning, training, consulting, and other support activities.
- Develop, enhance, and manage the city enterprise networks to provide high speed, transparent, and highly functional and secure connectivity among all information resources.
- Provide capabilities including the ability to develop and manage the distribution (and marketing) through broadcast, narrowcast, broadband, software, the Web and other telecommunications technologies city programs.
- Promote new uses of information technology within the city through the support for exploratory and innovative applications.
- Provide leadership for effective strategic and tactical planning and management for technology used in both the law enforcement and fire departments.
- Provide direction and support of the city digital radio communications infrastructure.
Radio Services Division:
In October, 2012, the Information Technology Department assigned staff duties to include the direct design, support and provide a growth plan for the citys combined 800 Mhz P25 radio system. This division coordinates repairs and support for both public safety communications centers and is responsible for the operation of the city Technology and Communications Support Vehicle.
Internet Services Division:
In January, 2013, the Information Technology Department in cooperation with the Pharr Economic Development Corporation started an Internet Services Division. This division is assigned to facilitate the growth of content / services to our citizens through this website and social media outlets. This division will prepare and publish video and photographic content as requested by the department director. This department may assist Pharr TV 12 personnel in capturing video content upon request.
/PharrTX @PharrTX /PharrTech
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Division:
In April 2013, the GIS Division was transferred from Engineering to the Information Technology Department. This division maintained all of its current duties of producing legal maps of parcels within the city, but now has expanded its scope to incorporate all addressing within the city and its E.T.J.